WHAT IS MOBILITY MANAGEMENT?
Mobility managers provide the connection between community partners and transportation providers. They disseminate information on what transportation services are available, collaborate with workforce development and human service professionals about their customers' and clients' needs, facilitate travel training and orientation for individuals, and feed data on unmet needs into the transportation planning process. They work with community partners to create innovative services, such as those mentioned above. Mobility managers partner with other community stakeholders, including economic development agencies, and take part in the creation of newly coordinated services or the expansion of existing services
Mobility management involves:
- Developing an inventory of available services;
- Identifying customer needs;
- Developing strategies to meet the needs;
- Coordinating financial and other resources;
- Improving coordination through transportation providers
- Training human service staff and volunteers;
- Promoting the use of innovative technologies, services, and other methods to improve customer service and coordination; and
- Developing customer information and trip planning systems.